Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Flietstra Family Bonding...


Labor Day weekend is supposed to be a relaxing time, right? Hah. Not around our house! My parents drove down by 7:30am Saturday morning to meet us at Home Depot to rent our hefty floor sanders. Amazingly those don't fit in the *Focus.* Andy and Alysha (round 2 of reinforcements) arrived not long after we got back home!

Major thanks to Jack, Chris and Andy for the Saturday Sanding-fest. Floor sanding with the big rigs took up the majority of Saturday.... they stopped to eat dinner at the cook-out with our neighbors...then back to work till about midnight Saturday. Don't have any pictures of this (sad) but it was too dusty to really see anything.

Sunday was another Sanding Bonanza. More sanding with the smaller sanders. This was more of a collaborative effort- Andy, Alysha, Carolyn, Jack, Chris & me- all inhaling the dust together! We started around 8ish in the morning and it wasn't until Sunday evening that we were able to start the *Bona* flooring finale. My dad and I put the sealer down about 5 pm. Then we grabbed a bite to eat at restaurant in dowtown Batavia - where, between my mom and I, we managed to break a ramekin and spill 2 glasses of water. Around 9-10pm, Jack, Chris and Andy put the first coat of finish down followed by the second around 1:30am.

Everyone worked SO HARD! We really appreciated all the help! It would have never gotten done without all of the fam!




3 comments:

  1. Keri & Chris: This is my first look at your picutres. I LOVE your house! Those georgous stained glass windows remind me of our farmhouse windows in the livingroom and parlor. I can see you must have all worked hard--and it looks to me like you have a lot to work with! I can't wait to see you guys and your "new" house! Love, Grandma Versluys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome floors! I'm so excited for you guys. The process is the most fun, you will be more at home in that house than if you'd bought a new, finished home. You've *know* those beautiful floors...well, it looks like your Dad, Chris and Andy know them anyway. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. late post to defend my honor....
    me-1 glass of water
    Keri- 1 glass of water plus 1 ramekin

    ReplyDelete