Q: What saved us this week?
Someone once said a picture is worth a thousand words. These shots may give you a better idea of what I found Thursday morning when I ran down to get a frozen dinner for lunch at work.
Um, we had been getting torrential rains...and so was the basement.
The water was coming in from the ground under the Bilco cellar doors...
and the foundation walls...
Can you see why I'm a Rubbermaid fan?
(Note: I've been branded since I was a little kiddo because my dad's company makes molds for Rubbermaid but now I have renewed admiration and appreciation for the plastic maker for keep our stuff dry.)
And here is why we love our Wet-Dry Shop-Vac, Big Blue.
And, why I admire Chris and his water-removal skills.
To give you a better idea of the amount of rain we got this past week: this planter is about 2 ft wide and about 1.5 ft tall. It's half full of rain water...and it wasn't catching any water from the roof either. Downright soupy this week. We're still drying out.
No comments:
Post a Comment