Well...we didn't get to it last Fall. With weekends filling up with birth classes and baby showers, the clock was winding down to colder weather (not to mention the arrival of a baby) so Chris and Craig, his dad, tackled the job last Thursday.
Chris and I had picked up paint chips on Monday but hadn't gotten around to picking the color to match the house trim before I had to leave for work on Thursday morning. My control freak personality was having a hard time not having input on the color choice...but I let it go. And Chris picked the perfect match - Dutch Boy's Antique White. How fitting, Dutch paint for a couple of Hollanders.
| The "before"... |
| Craig cutting in the panels... |
| Half done...the new color is quite a bit creamier. |
| Can't forget the trim...which Chris can paint easily from a 4 ft. ladder...it helps to be tall! |
| Looks like a brand-spanking new door! All for about $35. Nice on the budget and necessary! |
No comments:
Post a Comment