I tried distracting myself today after Chris left for work. First by purchasing mondo cleaning supplies from Sam's with my father-in-law. Dirt and grime don't stand a chance- unless, of course, I overheat. Which is possible. Second, by going to our credit union. The branch manager knows us by name and thanked us for going with them for our mortgage (I guess it also helps the individual branch). That made me smile and warmed my heart a bit. The *Cheers* theme song started to play in my head...."where everybody knows your name..." Third, by inspecting the local hardware store for respirators capable of dealing with potential lead and asbestos. No dice. However, they were have their "Dollar Days" sale - bonus! I picked up sand paper, 5 gal. bucket, leather work gloves, etc for a great deal! I am Dutch after all.
I am impatient once again. Big surprise. I keep hearing dad's voice (imitating the Nigerian accent) imparting wisdom via a Housa saying he used to tell me all the time *Hankuri mahtinga doonya* (guesstimation at spelling). Translation *Patience is the medicine of the world!* I think I'll have to keep telling myself that for the next 18-19 hours. But who's counting?
Pretty darn close! According to the English-Hausa online dictionary... "Han'kuri magani duniya". What did we do before the internet???
ReplyDelete