Monday, April 12, 2010

Deer me...

No, I did not use the wrong homophone (and yes, I did have to look up the correct grammatical term for deer/dear) when I titled this post. I truly was referring to deer, as in the four-legged animals that my family frequently hunts in the fall. 

Sunday, as I'm in my Master's tourney-induced semi-conscious state, Chris jumps out of his chair and shouts at me to come "quick" onto the front porch. Why? Because there were three deer in our driveway. Yup, in our urban neighborhood. Walking casually up the drive. I ran back inside for the camera and we snapped a few pics since they were in no hurry...

 By the time I got the camera, they'd made it across the street...
 Chris whistled and the buck turned around, apparently they are really scared of us...
 Just checking out the 'hood...
Headin' on down the street...
Right after the last picture was taken, two cars, one from each direction, came down the street and the deer just hung out in the middle of the street checking the cars out. The drivers were dumbfounded. You know, we get a pretty good show from the front porch every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have flowers (especially my favorite the violet}, three deer (one a buck!), and your American flag is out on display. Keri, you're a girl after my own heart! -Grandma V

    ReplyDelete