Silver bells or cockle shells? Nope. Daffodils and tulips. They came with the house (read: I didn't have to plant them). Love those kinds.
Aren't they so pretty?
Tulips, my absolute favorite.
I took these pictures on Monday. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm and about 70 degrees. The flowers unfortunately do not look exactly like this any more. You see, Tuesday morning, we were pelted with hail the size of Everlasting Gobstoppers (think movie theater candy) for a good 7-10 min. Now most of the leaves on the tulips are shredded. The tulip buds are still intact but the rest looks a bit sad. The daffodils put up a better fight.
In other gardening news, my itty-bitty African violet (front left) has not made it. The mother ship (original plant, back center) and that other baby plant (front right) are still going strong so I'm not a complete failure at this keeping houseplants alive thing.
Isn't it fun to see what comes up for the first time around your new/old house! Good job on the African violets, too! I think you provided awesome care considering the condition they were in. I love your blogs! -Grandma Versluys
ReplyDeleteAfrican violets are so hard to keep alive, they're very particular plants! So great job on keeping 2 of the 3 plants alive! Plants that come with the house are so nice, we discovered tulips, hyacinths and crocuses in our yard, so awesome.
ReplyDeleteHeather- African violet houseplant food makes a world of difference per grandma's recommendation. Also, watering from the bottom so you don't get the leaves wet (getting the leaves wet is a surefire way to kill them).
ReplyDeleteP.S. Grandma- the comment worked!! Yeah!! Thanks for the compliments!!
ReplyDelete