Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas has arrived...


Yes, Christmas has arrived at the Buma household. We still have an artificial tree... ugh. But it does the job for right now...and did I mention it is pre-lit. Three snaps and three plug-ins later...let there be light...
all over the tree.  

(Side note: Everybody knows putting up the lights is a nightmare. Once it took my Mom and I about 5 hours to get them right...due to the white-corded light fiasco...plus the trip back to the store to buy green-corded lights...add in that we are both slightly Type-A. Ah, memories...and process improvement.)

I have a major question for anyone who cares to ponder...where does Santa Claus come in from when you have a boiler and radiators? We have no fireplaces. Chris and I are planning ahead so that in the future (when we actually have kids) we'll have our story straight. Chris' latest version is that Santa is ethereal...and can walk through walls and windows. Umm, a bit creepy and potentially child-frightening. Any other ideas?


In order to put the Christmas tree in the dining area bay window, I had to play musical furniture. Where, oh, where did the console table go? Hmmmm. Found it...residing behind one of the living room chairs in the front corner of the house where it can display my Nativity. What is that beautiful piece of material that pulls the whole Nativity scene together you ask? Hee hee. I repurposed one of the old curtain panels from the living/dining room...thank you, scissors. Very environmentally-friendly...at least for another month or so.


Growing up, Grandma Fliet gave us each a Hallmark ornament each Christmas. I have continued to buy a new ornament each year to keep the tradition going. Grandma Fliet passed away this September so this ornament is extra special.



 

2 comments:

  1. Keri! I love your sense of style. The stockings on the radiator are so clever! And your curtains and tree and lights and... everything... looks amazing, girl! Hope your home is giving back to you and that you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, the decorating looks wonderful! I like the chunk of marble on top of the radiator- looks great and functional too. Ahh, yes, the white lights story. Should we mention that was the year that we followed a decorating magazine's advice to wrap the trunk and each individual branch with lights "to give it depth"? A crazy amount of work, especially when it must be done twice.

    ReplyDelete