Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I dare me...

Just above the kitchen sink there is was this annoying spot where the wallpaper was slightly peeling from water being splashed on it. Every time I saw it I just wanted to grab hold and pull...so I did. Yup. At 10:30 pm this evening. I have the annoying any-time-you-get-slightly-horizontal-you-have-a-coughing-attack kind of cough so I figured I'd prolong that fun misery by staying up and vertical for awhile. Chris had told me that he wasn't going to be the one to start the next de-wallpapering job so I stepped up to the job...and let 'er rip. 

I have to mention that the wallpaper in the living/dining room came off quite a bit nicer (in complete sheets) than the kitchen wallpaper. 

 

So I have the rest of the week off from work which works out well since I had a squeak of a voice left by the end of today. Being a speech pathologist doesn't work very well when you lose your voice...who'd have thunk it? Good thing you don't need a voice to strip wallpaper...here's a sneak peek at the kitchen minus floral print (with the wallpaper backing still on the walls)...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment