Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday afternoon projects...

"Are you as surprised as I am at how long these have lasted since we moved in?" was the question recently posed to me by Chris, who loathed the frilly, ruffly, pink-trimmed kitchen curtains to which he was referring. They came with the house. Until today, I had bigger fish to fry. 

The curtains when we were looking at the house and how they looked when we moved in...yes, in August.

 Within a few days (or hours, I can't really remember) of moving in, the top valance came down. 

Q: What do you get when you mix 1) Aunt Martha's Flour Sack Dish Towels, 2) sewing pins (which stuck into me more than the towels), 3) Stitch Witchery, 4) an iron, and 5) a few tension rods on a Sunday afternoon? See below. 




A: Much-improved (in our opinion), simple kitchen curtains that give us some privacy and let light in too. Well, they give me more privacy than Chris since I'm the shrimp and all. Now... if only there was a short-cut like Stitch Witchery for removing that floral wallpaper.









1 comment:

  1. Hi Keri, I ran into your dad at my the office where I work today. I was really nice to see him and he has not changed one bit. He was proud to share your blog with me ;) I have blogged for years and totally understood what he was blindly trying to explain to me, LOL.
    What fun you are having making your house a home! I can't imagine the work as it's just not my gift.

    It seems like yesterday that you and Lindsey were in middle school. Now you are both married and living away from old Hudsonville! All of my girls live far away now and I miss them. I'm thankful Alicia is close by in Naperville.

    Have a blessed Christmas.

    Ginger Behrens

    ReplyDelete