Over lunch a few weeks back, a co-worker said she'd just started to have bulbs peeking up in her flower beds. I instantly regretted not actually planting our tulip bulbs last fall. Argh. Another missed step in the role of homeowner. Doh! But wait, what is that I see?
Okay, I'm over it. Apparently, the house came with more than a step stool, toaster, 3-4 brooms, snow shovel and a desk. It came with...perennials. Tulips. My absolute favorite flower. I think there is another type of flower coming up too but I'm no expert. Any thoughts? One tulip is even poking up through the stones near the mailbox.
During our gutter-cleaning bonanza, I also noticed that my chives were making a comeback. I had no idea they were perennials!
I cleared away the old stuff and dug the growing chives out of the pot they were in last spring and replanted them in a smaller pot that would fit on the window ledge inside the back porch until it warms up a bit more. Our back porch is kind of like a greenhouse, with big windows to let in plenty of sun. Hurray for plants that take care of themselves!!
No comments:
Post a Comment