Monday, March 1, 2010

Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive..


Every Monday is "plant care day" and so far, things are looking good.
The plants are still alive. All of them!!! 


Now that spring is peaking around the corner, Chris and I started planning for the outdoors. However, after perusing all the garden books I could carry home from the library, we seem to have more questions than answers.  


 After reading a few books about kitchen gardens (potagers), I've been plotting and scheming my future vegetable garden. Tomatoes and beans twisting around a tepee-like trellis, Swiss chard, kale, arugula, lettuce, rhubarb and planters full of herbs. So far, it's a lot of lines and scribbles...


1 comment:

  1. 3 words: Square Foot Garden. I am a lazy fan of this concept though...friend Kathy Bremer and aunt Kathy Bremer have actually grown square foot gardens. I'll get friend Kath to send you photos. They are beautiful and prolific veggie gardens, densely planted with little weeding. But as I said...I HEARD they are great. The best I can do is go the the CSA garden once a week to pick up my veggies. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete