Happy birthday to Chris, the Bears won. While the wife in me was happy for him, the Lions fan was frustrated. Yes, I am a Lions fan to the core and will be forever. No matter how many games they lose in a row or win. It's the way I was raised. At the game, I caught myself making some of the same gestures/sounds/faces according to the greatness and/or stupidness of a play that my dad still makes when watching the Lions. Oh yeah, and I was surrounded by Bears fans...which meant I was on the receiving end for some strange looks from those around me when I yelled "Would SOMEBODY please TACKLE that guy!?!?!" or "YESSSSSS!" when the Lions made a touchdown. Did I say that really loud or was it just that everybody else was quiet? My boys made me proud all throughout the first half. Then there was the second half that I'd rather forget. Somebody needs to learn how to stop the missile that is Johnny Knox. And someone needs to learn how to catch the ball...better.
Chris' mom recently told us that we should give his younger sister Kelly (Bears fan) and her boyfriend Matt (Packers fan...seriously???) tips on how to handle allegiances to different teams. We looked at eachother and laughed...yeah, we'd be no good lecturing on that subject. I still love the Lions and Chris still loves the Bears. I don't think that's going to ever change and we'll probably talk trash about the matchup for the rest of our lives. All I have to say is that if I have to carry our future kids for 9 months, they are going to be Lions fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment