Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Story Time....


As I wondered via Facebook status tonight what kind of product my Type-A detail-oriented perfectionism and Chris' "lets-just-get-this-project-finished-NOW-even-if-not-perfect" mentality will create in the living/dining room, I figured opposites are supposed to attract, right? But are they supposed to complete house projects together?

My good friend Kathy, who brings me back to the real world when I need it, reminded me that it can be difficult to live with a perfectionist. If I didn't know she was speaking from experience, I'd think she was calling me difficult :). So being the excellent OT that she is, she wrote me my own *social story*. It starts like this...."Sometimes people do things differently, and that is okay."




1 comment:

  1. Keri, I like that quote....ALOT!! It certainly will provide perspective when you (we) are working on remodeling projects, but it really applies to so many areas of life and our interactions with others. Good thought for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete