Saturday, October 31, 2009

Really? Really Tootsie Roll Industries? Really?

Happy Halloween! We had our first trick-or-treaters tonight...they were so cute! I bought way too much candy (note to Dad, we have a year-supply of Smarties...come and visit) but I didn't want to run out! A certain bumble bee that lives next door was by far the cutest...he got 3 pieces of candy (then the next neighbor yelled at him for taking 2 pieces...obviously, now he knows who the cool neighbor is). All of the other kids got 1 piece...that was until I found out that Tootsie Roll Industries had screwed up the Tootsie Pop. 

They added a new flavor. Are you kidding me? BANANA?? Who on earth thought that was a good idea? That is all sorts of wrong. The Tootsie Pop bouquets my dad used to buy had Chocolate (brown), Orange (orange), Cherry (red), Raspberry (magenta) and Grape (blue). Absolutely, positively NO YELLOW BANANA. Why mess with a good thing? What did I do? I started giving all the kids 1 piece of candy + a banana-flavored Tootsie Pop. Unfortunately, I did not realize this travesty until late in the game. There are still 5 defiling my candy bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment