There is a reason I have not been motivated to cook lately. My oven/stove. It was gross. Was. Past tense. I gloved up and got down to business this afternoon. Have you ever really looked down the gap between your cupboard and the side of your oven/stove? I recommend it. If you want to gag and experience nightmares, that is. What's even worse? It was not MY cooking crusted in the gap. Eeeeewwwwww. (Note: I'm not a complete slacker. I was avoiding this job until now because we didn't know if the oven part was going to be able to be fixed or if we were going to get a new one. Well, it looks as though it IS going to be fixed...if I can get a hold of the appliance guy again). Elbow grease, paper towel and Clorox Bleach spray did the trick and the oven/stove is sparkling...I found that it is more motivating to cook on a clean appliance. Imagine that. Huh.
No before picture. Too gross to capture on camera, let alone show anybody else. Here's the after, cleaner, de-crusted version:
And, here is the Hearty Winter Vegetable Soup that I cooked, all by myself, on my really, really clean stove top:
Now off to eat the soup. Hopefully it tastes good. If not...
yummm! Looks very tasty!
ReplyDeleteWhat's the deal with the oven guy taking so long? Is it that the homeowner warranty program delays fixing things so long that you just give up and get it repaired yourself? I'm thinking....scam!
Every time I want to use my stove I have to light the burners with a lighter, since the starters are broken and are too expensive to get fixed! Plus the digital screen/buttons are broken... A new stove is on our "to buy" list :) Yours looks great!
ReplyDelete