When we bought the house, we didn't get a key to the side garage door. No big problem since we just used the garage opener...until we cleaned out the garage enough so we could both park in it. There is only one garage opener and I'm not okay with leaving the garage unlocked all the time. I'm not neurotic... I don't think anybody's going to steal anything (nothing worth anything is out there anyway) but it's just a matter of principle. Brand-spankin' new doorknob (with keys), $7.97 at Menards. Peace of mind, Priceless. Seriously? Why would I not buy a new one?
So I did. After inspecting the old knob and not finding any screws or way to remove it, Chris and Craig took doorknob replacement to the next level.
Doorknob meet my friend, Sawzall...
Doorknob, meet my other friend, Hammer...
Now, the garage is well-lit AND the doors all lock. My mind is now at ease. And, come on...you can't tell me they didn't enjoy the demo a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment